How to turn on the Face Unlock feature in Windows
Updated: Apr 27, 2020
Windows Hello is more secure, more personal way to get instant access to your Windows 10 devices . It feature a user to access their computer in a secure way using various bio-metric methods like Face scanning using an infrared camera and fingerprint sensors.
How to automatically dismiss the lock screen if Windows recognizes your face:
1. Firstly , check whether your device supports Windows Hello or not
2. For this , right-click on This PC.
3. Select Manage option.
4. It will open the Computer Manager.
5. On the middle panel, you have to check whether you have a list item called Biometric Devices.
6. If you do , your computer supports Windows Hello , otherwise it does not.
7. Now , if it supports Windows Hello and you want to enable or disable the automatic dismissal of Lock Screen if Windows recognises your face open Windows Settings ,
8. Do the following steps : Accounts > Sign-in options. 9. Select the respective option of your Windows Hello authentication method.
10. There will be a toggle showing: Automatically dismiss the lock screen if Windows recognizes your face.
11. If you turn that Off , Windows 10 will not unlock your screen until you are authenticated.
12. And if you turn that On, Windows 10 will unlock your screen until you are authenticated.