Windows 10's missing features: everything Microsoft DITCHED from its latest update
THERE'S no shortage of new features squeezed into the latest operating system update for Windows 10 fans. However, as well as new additions, Microsoft has also taken the opportunity to spring-clean and remove a few features too. Here's everything Microsoft has ditched from Windows 10.
And while there is no shortage of exciting new features packed into Windows 10 May 2020, there are some planned additions that didn't make the cut.
There are a number of reasons why features have been ditched by Microsoft. Some of these simply didn't work as intended or weren't finished in time, while others caused compatibility issues when installed on some hardware or didn't play nice with third-party software – something that often comes to light during the rigorous beta testing process undertaken by the Windows Insider beta testers worldwide.
1) Cortana – With the launch of Windows 10 May 2020, Microsoft has stripped Cortana from the always-present taskbar at the bottom of the screen
2) Stripped features - Microsoft has stripped away some of the functionality which was already available in Cortana.The new app, built from the ground-up for Windows 10 May 2020 Update, skills such as music and connected home feature are no longer available. A number of other non-Microsoft skills are no longer available with the new release.
3) Removed Integrated OS feature - Microsoft has moved coratana from an integrated operating system feature to standalone application to dowload for anyone running windows 10 may 2020.
4) Windows To Go – a handy feature that has been present in the hugely popular operating system since Windows 8 – lets users boot Windows from a USB flash drive that has been certified by Microsoft as compatible. That means enterprise or education users could take their operating system (with the desktop, apps, folders and files all intact) as they move between school, work and home.Booting from the same drive means you'd only need a monitor and peripherals to move your entire work station – with all of your work and settings preserved – between locations. Unfortunately, Microsoft has removed this ability with Windows 10 May 2020. So, if you've been relying on this feature as part of your work-flow, you might want to give this latest update a swerve for the moment (and switch off automatic upgrades to stop your machine installing it overnight and leaving you restricted to a single location).
5) Junk File Cleaner - You have noticed previously, you might have seen that Windows doesn’t provide any option to delete all files after uninstalling any app. This is a common issue why Windows machine becomes slower after few days of using. At that time, you need to make a spring-cleaning. To do so, you supposed to have third party software like Privacy Eraser, Revo Uninstaller, CCleaner, Your Uninstaller and more others. Windows users do not want to get a third-party software to delete junk files. All they need is an in-built junk/temporary file cleaner in their Windows PC.
6) Previous features and Plans - Windows 10's Mobile Plans and Messaging apps have also been dropped from the new update.Both apps are still supported, but are now distributed in a different way. OEMs can now include Microsofts apps in Windows images for cellular-enabled devices. The apps are removed for non-cellular devices," the company states.
7) Aero Glass - Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Technical Preview have no Aero Glass even though it was a great feature of Windows 7. The user interface of Windows 7 with Aero Glass looked great. Nowadays, Windows users do not want to use a third party software to bring Aero Glass in Windows. That’s why Microsoft must take care of this feature because more than 4k users have already voted for this.
8) Merge PC Settings and Control Panel - You know that Windows 8 and all the subsequent versions of Windows family have a separate PC Settings panel from where anybody can make various changes like connect/disconnect Microsoft account, manage privacy and more others. On the other hand, alike previous Windows operating systems, Windows 10 also has a separate PC settings and Control Panel. In fact, some control panel features works in PC Settings. That is why tons of people want to get a merged Control Panel so that they can manage their PC in a better and faster way.
9) Tabbed Windows Explorer - Generally, web browsers have this feature to switch from one tab to another. This is really a great way to navigate to another tab. You can get same feature in Windows using third party software. However, Windows users would be happy if Microsoft adds the same feature in Windows Explorer.
10) Support for .7z, .rar and other similar folder - You know that .zip, .rar, .7z and other are the best formats for compressed folder. However, the problem is Windows Explorer doesn’t support any other formats except .zip. You can only open a zip file without any software. But, you must have third party software like WinRAR etc. to open those aforementioned files.
Of course, it's always possible that Microsoft will resurrect some of these features in future. There are also so many things what Microsoft should add in the next version of Windows. The funny thing is tons of users want Windows 10 stable version at free of cost like Mac OS X Mavericks and Yosemite.
21 views0 comments